Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
- Thesis/ Research Intensive Project
- Business Plan
- Corporation or Industry Analysis/ Comparison
- Department-sponsored (ex. Intel Collaborative, AdSport, SCM Alternative Seminar)
- Independent/ Creative Project
For information on the enrollment process, visit our Honors Thesis page on the W. P. Carey website.
While students are not required to be in a specific major, it is expected students to show competency in the area of interest before attempting a thesis project. It is recommended students complete coursework in some of the business core classes in advance of starting their thesis/ creative project.. We encourage students to connect with an FHA and potential thesis directors for additional guidance.
Most students complete their thesis/ creative project during their junior or senior years. W. P. Carey recommends beginning preparation for the thesis no later than the beginning of junior year.
In the semester prior to beginning the project, students should be solidifying their ideas, confirming a thesis committee, submitting the Prospectus, and registering in credit for the first semester of the project. For the Prospectus, students must submit a detailed timeline including planned meetings with the thesis committee, project deadlines, and Barrett deadlines.
During the first semester of the project, students will enroll in 3 credits of 492 and work on much of the groundwork for the project. Students should be adhering to the deadlines set forth in the Prospectus to ensure their thesis is on track.
During the last semester, students will enroll in 3 credits of 493 and work to complete the remainder of the project. It is during this semester that students will defend the thesis and submit the final version to Barrett. Students must submit a final draft of the thesis to the thesis committee no less than two weeks prior to their defense.
It is essential to work closely with your thesis committee regarding the timeline and scope of your project. You can contact an FHA for additional guidance.
W. P. Carey is proud to offer a specialized honors version of core business curriculum. This honors version, offered in Fall and Spring semesters, takes a deeper dive into course material and allows students to engage on a higher level with their faculty and peers. Students of all business majors are able to access these courses.
• ACC 261 Honors Fundamentals of Financial Accounting covers ACC 231/232
• ACC 271 Honors Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting covers ACC 241/242
• CIS 236 Honors Information Systems covers CIS 105 & 236
• ECN 231 Honors Business Statistics covers ECN 221
• FIN 303 Honors Finance covers FIN 300/302
• MKT 303 Honors Marketing Theory & Practice covers MKT 300/302
• MGT 303 Honors Organizational Strategies/Leadership covers MGT 300
• SCM 303 Honors Global Supply Operations covers SCM 300
In addition, W. P. Carey departments may offer honors enrichment contracts in classes that are not offered as an honors course.. Contracts are created on a case-by-case basis.
Other ways to learn about thesis projects or research:
New Venture Group/Consulting Scholars
Navigators (Involvement Center)
WPC 101 Facilitating
Residential Engagement Leader
WPC Leadership Certificate
Business School Council