Sign In / Sign Out
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Formatting and Style: Use a style manual in your discipline for correct form of footnotes, bibliographies, tables of contents, title pages, and more. Consult your thesis/creative project director for best practices.
STEP 1: Digital Submission Upload the thesis/creative project to the Barrett Repository through the ASU Library. A confirmation email will generate upon submission, and a printed copy is required for submission in Step 2. This upload is required to include:
2. PDF version of final thesis. (no Word or Zip files). Name file: Last Name_First Initial_Semester_Year (ex. Anderson_A_Spring_2016).
3. Upload additional documents or components (photos, videos, etc.) separately.
*Embargo option: Delays the release of thesis/creative project for a maximum of two years to protect information of commercial value, patentable rights, pending publication or sensitive information.
STEP 2: In-Person Submission Following the digital submission, you are required to hand in all of the below items in-person to the Barrett Advising Office. Documents should be unbound (no staples, hole punches, bindings, or covers) and clean (no stains, creases, or wrinkles).
1. Signature Title page: a signature title page must bear the original, wet-ink signatures of all committee members to verify acceptance of the thesis. View the Signature Title Page.
2. Abstract: 250-500 word description in English that summarizes the thesis. Submit with Signature Title page to the Barrett advising office. It is not necessary to submit a hard copy of the full thesis/creative project.
3. Repository Confirmation Email: a confirmation email is generated upon digital submission. Please print a copy of the e-mail.
*For group projects, only one digital submission is required with all group members listed as co-authors. Each group member will need to submit a signature title page, abstract, and repository confirmation email in-person to Barrett advising.