Sign In / Sign Out
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Provide interns with hands on experience and meaningful work assignments within a geotechnical and materials testing firm. Interns will shadow Alta experts and also have the potential to work independently on projects. Alta is also offering to pay for certifications for students who are looking to pursue a career in the Engineering Industry.
Alta Arizona is a leader and client valued provider of construction support services on a wide variety of residential, commercial, industrial and governmental projects. We have partnered with the most reputable and knowledgeable architects, developers, building contractors, institutions and government agencies. Alta provides performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning. These projects have primarily been in the Phoenix and Tucson metropolitan areas but have included other locations in the State of Arizona. Services have included: foundation design recommendations for varied subsurface conditions including both swelling and collapsible soils, field/laboratory materials testing for project specification, confirmation/documentation, and to satisfy regulatory requirements and extensive trouble shooting/problem mitigation with the unexpected issues that often arise during construction. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in!
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Knowledge and understanding of materials testing and a project focus
• Ability to understand procedure manuals and can execute work orders
• Confer with Engineers and Scientific staff on test and design efforts
• Conduct tests and investigations following prescribed procedures, processes and standards in the field or laboratory to obtain data used by engineering and technical personnel in determining physical properties of construction materials
• Conduct field assignments may require travel and / or work to be performed on site under a variety of environmental and climatic conditions for extended periods of time
• May require some lifting and carrying of soil, asphalt and concrete samples up to 50lbs. May be required to use a wheelbarrow.
• Collect soil, asphalt and concrete samples, prepare samples for testing,
• Able to set up, maintain, calibrate and use laboratory, specialized equipment and apparatus in an effective and safe manner to prepare analyses, reports and / or technical drawings
• Record data using computer systems/spreadsheets, peripheral equipment, and computer programs; maintain results log, prepare reports and documentation
• Understanding of applicable ASTM, AASHTO and ADOT Standards
• Able to follow directions and pays attention to detail
• Curious and open to feedback
• Initiative and able to work independently
• Effective Communication Skills, both written and verbal
• Interpersonal Skills
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Mathematical and Problem-Solving Skills
• Computer Skills
Work Authorization Requirements:
US work authorization is required, but employer accepts OPT/CPT candidates; valid drivers license with satisfactory driving record in accordance with companies driving (MVR) policy; All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, physical and drug screen
Alta Arizona is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please contact Amanda Pearson at Amanda.Pearson@altaarizona.com for an application, or with any questions.