1911 W. Earll Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85015
Reports To: International Program Director
Time Commitment: Varies
Summary: The Global Health Intern will support with high-level program management projects focused on improving access to clean water, improved housing, food security, health education, disease prevention and treatment in Bolivia, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Ecuador, and Peru. This work is accomplished through our international partners and surgical missions.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in development of data collection tools for Surgical Program and/or international partners.
- Assist in development and management of database for multi-faceted program data.
- Research best practices for short term international medical missions.
- Assist in development of key programmatic procedures informed by best practices in global health.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills (English and Spanish)
- Highly organized and extreme attention to detail
- Strong interest in global health, international policy, international development, and/or program development
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required International experience and/or medical background is a plus
Closing Date: October 31, 2020
Application Instructions and Contact Info:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to International Program Director, Anna Ortiz at email@example.com.
*Esperança will only accept applications for the fall, spring, and summer semesters during the following dates:
- Fall: June 15 - 30
- Spring: October 15 - 31
- Summer: February 15 - 28
Desired Academic Year: