Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Phoenix-based CopperPoint Insurance Companies is seeking a motivated Marketing and Communications Intern to join our organization. This is a paid opportunity for a college student pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing to acquire experience and build their portfolio using traditional and social media as well as digital tools for a multi-state organization of almost 500 insurance professionals.
This position will require strong writing skills and a working knowledge of LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; knowledge of other platforms including HubSpot, WordPress, search engine optimization, Google rankings is a plus. Journalism, public relations and marketing skills, including adherence to Associated Press guidelines, also are required. CopperPoint is in midtown Phoenix near the Light Rail system.
• Implement and manage social media campaigns
• Supply accurate, updated information for website/blog postings
• Attend business meetings to research topics for OnPoint, the company’s news intranet for employees
• Write blog posts and news releases on commercial insurance topics as directed by supervisors
• Assist with planning and staffing of employee events
• Support community volunteer events as needed
• Attend planning and/or department marketing meetings when possible
• Take photographs and video of events, share on social media
• January 13, 2020 – May 1, 2020
• 20 hours/week for 16 weeks, at $15 per hour
• Weekly meetings with supervisor(s) to monitor progress
• Ability to work at events
About CopperPoint Insurance Companies
Founded in 1925, CopperPoint Insurance Companies (www.copperpoint.com) is a leading provider of workers’ compensation and commercial insurance solutions. With an expanded line of insurance products and a growing six state footprint in the southwestern US, CopperPoint embodies stability and sustainability for policyholders in AZ, CA, CO, NM, NV, and UT. It has $4 billion in assets, a policyholder surplus of nearly $1.5 billion and no debt. CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Holding Company is the corporate parent of Arizona-based CopperPoint Insurance Companies, California-based Pacific Compensation Insurance Company, and other CopperPoint insurance entities. All companies are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
• Last year, CopperPoint employees reported more than 5,000 hours of volunteer time
• Is a four-time winner, Best Places to Work.
CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.
Company website: https://www.copperpoint.com/
Follow CopperPoint on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/copperpoint
Follow CopperPoint on Twitter: @CopperPointInsu
Like CopperPoint on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CopperPoint
• Junior or Senior in college
• Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills
• Proficient in Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
• Strategic communications skills; business communications skills a plus
• Basic knowledge of web design and posting, experience implementing digital portals a plus
• Proficient writing skills and knowledge of Associated Press reporting style
• Professionalism and punctuality
• Previous internship in one of these areas is preferred
• Writing samples will need to be submitted online during the application process