Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Formatting and Style: Use a style manual in your discipline for correct form of footnotes, bibliographies, tables of contents, title pages, and more. Consult your thesis/creative project director for best practices.
STEP 1: Digital Submission Upload the thesis/creative project to the Barrett Repository through the ASU Library. A confirmation email will generate upon submission, and a printed copy is required for submission in Step 2. This upload is required to include:
2. PDF version of final thesis. (no Word or Zip files). Name file: Last Name_First Initial_Semester_Year (ex. Anderson_A_Spring_2016).
3. Upload additional documents or components (photos, videos, etc.) separately.
The project will be published once it is manually reviewed for submission accuracy and embargo conditions after the end of the term.
*Embargo option: Delays the release of thesis/creative project for a maximum of two years to protect information of commercial value, patentable rights, pending publication or sensitive information.
STEP 2: In-Person Submission Following the digital submission, you are required to hand in all of the below items in-person to the Barrett Advising Office. Documents should be unbound (no staples, hole punches, bindings, or covers) and clean (no stains, creases, or wrinkles).
1. Signature Title page: a signature title page must bear the original, wet-ink signatures of all committee members to verify acceptance of the thesis. View the Signature Title Page.
2. Abstract: 250-500 word description in English that summarizes the thesis. Submit with Signature Title page to the Barrett advising office. It is not necessary to submit a hard copy of the full thesis/creative project.
3. Repository Confirmation Email: a confirmation email is generated upon digital submission. Please print a copy of the e-mail.
*For group projects, only one digital submission is required with all group members listed as co-authors. Each group member will need to submit a signature title page, abstract, and repository confirmation email in-person to Barrett advising.